To enhance OU's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, recognize and respect the essential worth of each individual and value differences amongst groups. We commit to building a welcoming and supportive campus environment where each individual feel welcomed, valued, and supported for success.
To become the leading voice in inclusive excellence.
We aspire to be the pacesetter institution in our commitment to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive community where diversity is embraced, celebrated, and equity and inclusion is weaved into the fabric of our university community.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion will continue to be the point of contact and arbiter of engagement, discourse, information, interaction, outreach and leadership in the mission of diversity and inclusivity at the University of Oklahoma.
Institutional Goals for Diversity and Inclusion
- Cultivate an inclusive campus climate.
- Improve recruitment, hiring and retention of faculty and staff from historically underrepresented groups.
- Improve recruitment and retention of graduate and undergraduate students from historically underrepresented groups.
- Create an enhanced learning environment based on diversity and inclusion.
- Strengthen institutional infrastructure to achieve diversity goals.
- Civil Dialogue
- Mutual Respect