It is the mission of The Office of University Community, Health Sciences Center to enhance the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, recognize and respect the essential worth of each individual and value differences amongst groups. Office of University Community aspires to create a community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including, but not limited to, race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, spiritual belief, geographic origin, abilities or disabilities, and socioeconomic status. Furthermore, Office of University Community is committed to attaining diversity in the recruitment, retention, and advancement of students, faculty, and staff from underrepresented groups and communities.
The Office of University Community at OU HSC will provide an inclusive community that:
- Fosters an open and welcoming climate to diverse people, ideas, and perspectives
- Promotes positive dialogue on the nature of diversity in science, medicine, health care, and related professions
- Engages faculty, staff, and students in activities that promote the core values of the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center and reflect the various diverse communities that exist within the wider science, medicine, health care, and related public service fields.
- Community Outreach and Collaboration: The ability to empower and build strong relationships within the University student body, Faculty and Staff, Departments, community and Alumni.
- Integrity: The ability to meet commitments, act responsibly, and promote University and community trust, while sustaining accountability for words and actions.
- Cultural Awareness and Understanding: To demonstrate understanding, awareness and respect of differences.